Editor: Mr. Shrikrishna Aayacit, Executive Editor: Mr. Sanjaykumar Joshi
 Top Advertisement's

 Karnataka

Bengaluru school shuts after over 500 students, 21 staff fall ill; 2 H1N1 cases confirmed

Xtreme News India   17-08-2026 19:01:52   158093322

Bengaluru school shuts after over 500 students, 21 staff fall ill; 2 H1N1 cases confirmed

 

Bangluru (Correspondent) - More than 500 students and 21 staff members of Clarence High School in Bengaluru's Richards Town have fallen ill with fever, cold, cough and body aches amid a severe seasonal flu-like outbreak, according to The New Indian Express. School authorities said the illness had spread rapidly across the campus, with symptoms ranging from mild fever to persistent cough and body pain.

 

School authorities said the illness had spread rapidly across the campus, with symptoms ranging from mild fever to persistent cough and body pain, the report said. At least two cases have been confirmed as H1N1, and one staff member is currently undergoing treatment at Bangalore Baptist Hospital, according to a letter issued by the school.

 

The school has announced it will remain shut till August 18 as a precautionary measure while the outbreak is brought under control.

 

In its letter, the school also flagged concerns over street food and other vendors operating just outside its premises, alleging that unhygienic conditions and accumulating waste in the area could add to the health risks faced by students. The vendors were also accused of blocking the kindergarten gate on Clarke Road, causing congestion and further sanitation problems, the report noted.

 

A specific complaint was raised against a kebab vendor operating near the Pottery Road-John Armstrong Road junction, who the school said was responsible for persistent waste accumulation and ongoing sanitation issues in the vicinity.

 

The school has demanded immediate health and safety inspections of all food vendors operating near its premises and has urged civic authorities to enforce restrictions on the sale of junk food close to educational institutions, as per the report. 

 

It said it had already approached the Educational Officer and the City Corporation Health Officer, seeking urgent intervention. "We are not panicking. We are managing. But we cannot do it alone," the school said in its letter, calling on authorities to act before the situation worsens further.


Contact For News & Advertisement.


 Your Feedback



 Advertisement